This week, our 5 for Friday features Cooper Stetson, Senior Advisor with Sperry Van Ness Florida Commercial Real Estate Advisors based out of Jupiter, Florida.
1. What is your geographic market and product specialty?
My geographic market extends from West Palm Beach to Port Saint Lucie, Florida. My product specialties include sales and leasing of Office, Industrial, Multifamily and Retail properties. I also handle national portfolio acquisitions for PI groups and family offices including Student Housing, Hotel and Multifamily.
2. What’s your latest best practice tip that you can share?
Two words – Business Development. That means going the extra distance and helping buyers/sellers with local contacts in banking, land planning and business development agencies. Being the buyer or sellers “go-to guy” has provided me with sustainability through referrals.
3. What’s been the biggest change over on how you run your business in the past decade?
The biggest challenge for me has been diversifying and adapting to market changes and client needs without going too far out of my lane and/or getting distracted.
4. What business book do you like to recommend to your colleagues?
I don’t have a specific book to recommend, but I would say to find one in whatever area best suits your strengths and interests. This ensures you can add value to your client and not be replaceable.
5. What’s a fun fact that not everyone knows about you?
I am a semi-professional poker player.
*All Sperry Van Ness offices are independently owned and operated.