This week, our 5 for Friday focuses on Henry Hanna, CCIM, SIOR, senior advisor with Sperry Van Ness/Miller Commercial Real Estate in Salisbury, Md.
1. What is your geographic market and product specialty?
The eastern shore of Maryland and Delaware and I specialize in industrial.
2. What’s your latest best practice tip that you can share?
Get to know the economic development officers on a local and state level in your market and have lunch or a meeting with them once a quarter.
3. What’s been the biggest changeover on how you run your business in the past decade?
Ten years ago I focused on a much smaller area. I considered myself a general commercial broker in one county. Today my market is seven counties and I brand myself as an industrial specialist.
4. What business book do you like to recommend to your colleagues?
Brokers Who Dominate by Rod Santomassimo.
5. What’s a fun fact that not everyone knows about you?
My first job out of college was as a high school librarian.
*All Sperry Van Ness® offices are independently owned and operated.