This week, our 5 for Friday features Bill Menish, CAI, AARE , senior advisor with SVN/Ward Commercial Group in Louisville, KY.
1. What is your geographic market and product specialty?
My geographic market is Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana and Southern California. My specialty is Auction.
2. What’s your latest best practice tip that you can share?
My latest best practice tip is that when cold calling on bank clients to help them sell their OREO, if you can offer something new, innovative, creative with a track record for success, they will talk to you. I’ve also found that inviting them to a lunch presentation works well because it helps them drop their guard and really listen to what you are pitching.
3. What’s been the biggest change over on how you run your business in the past decade?
My biggest change has been moving from selling non-distressed properties for sellers to selling distressed properties for banks.
4. What business book do you like to recommend to your colleagues?
The Success Principles by Jack Canfiel
5. What’s a fun fact that not everyone knows about you?
That I am an actor and a singer and I was Harold Hill in The Music Man.
*All Sperry Van Ness offices are independently owned and operated.