1. What is your geographic market and product specialty?
My geographic market is Albuquerque and Santa Fe, NM, but I cover the US, working on net leased properties for investment clients. My focus is on NNN investment properties as well as REO disposition for several banks that are long time clients.
2. What’s your latest best practice tip that you can share?
Maniacal focus on business and personal goals and working with a coach to assist with that focus.
3. What’s been the biggest change over on how you run your business in the past decade?
The use of virtual assistants, electronic marketing and web meetings. The changes have increased my available time and decreased time to market and expenses. I work with a marketing assistant in Pennsylvania and an administrative assistant in Texas. My team has access to listings, buy side assignments, forms, etc. at all times from anywhere.
4. What business book do you like to recommend to your colleagues?
“Selling the Invisible” by Harry Beckwith
5. What’s a fun fact that not everyone knows about you?
I was a contractor and builder prior to getting active in commercial brokerage and built high end adobe homes in Santa Fe. I miss the artistic component so for relaxation I build doors and furniture in my workshop which is an old dairy barn (circa 1910). I also help family and friends with construction projects.
*All Sperry Van Ness offices are independently owned and operated.