This week, our 5 for Friday features Steve Rodgers, CCIM, Director of PM Services with SVN/Norris Commercial Group, LLC
1. What is your geographic market and product specialty?
My geographic market consists of the entire Central Texas region including the cities of San Antonio, New Braunfels, Austin, San Marcos, and Seguin. I work in several product types including Retail, Office, Medical Office, and Industrial with a focus on Property Management.
2. What’s your latest best practice tip that you can share?
The latest best practice tip that I have found valuable in my day-to-day routine is the adoption of the Google Suite of products offered through SVN, specifically Google Drive. It has enabled me to be completely mobile without sacrificing my productivity.
3. What’s been the biggest change over on how you run your business in the past decade?
The biggest change for me in how I run my business is, again, the use of online or cloud-based resources.
4. What business book do you like to recommend to your colleagues?
“Build the Fort…Today” by Jim Kern. Dr. Kern spoke at a Leadership retreat I attended a couple of weeks ago. It is very motivational.
5. What’s a fun fact that not everyone knows about you?
Twenty-five years ago, I saw my future wife standing by the flag pole at Sharyland High School. She was a sophomore and I was a Senior. We married 8 years later (after nursing school and college) and now have two boys, 15 and 11.
*All Sperry Van Ness offices are independently owned and operated.