This week, our 5 for Friday features Rommie Mojahed, Director of Leasing at Sperry Van Ness, LLC in Phoenix, Arizona.
1. What is your geographic market and product specialty?
The market I work within is the Phoenix MSA. Retail is my speciality with a background in retail tenant representation, pre-leasing, leasing, and land research and acquisition for development opportunities.
2. What’s your latest best practice tip that you can share?
My number one tip for all commercial real estate professionals is that when you get a call from a buyer, seller, landlord or tenant — Make sure to schedule a face-to-face meeting. I have always found that you win more business by taking the time to meet, shake hands and discuss any and all CRE needs in person.
3. What’s been the biggest change over on how you run your business in the past decade?
For me, it has been qualifying my clients upfront. Any CRE professional knows that we only have so much time in one day, and by taking the time to qualify clients first it allows me to focus on those deals that are actual and attainable.
4. What business book do you like to recommend to your colleagues?
“Think and Grow Rich,” by Napoleon Hill. Although it was written back in 1937, the ideas and concepts are still inspiring and true in today’s world.
5. What’s a fun fact that not everyone knows about you?
I love to ride motocross.
*All Sperry Van Ness offices are independently owned and operated.