This Five for Friday turns the spotlight on Terri Dean, an advisor at Sperry Van Ness/AVAT Realty, LLC in Huntsville, AL.
1. What is your geographic market and product specialty?
North Alabama is my geographic area and I live in Huntsville. I specialize in sales and leasing of office and retail properties with a special emphasis in STNL deals.
2. What’s your latest best practice tip that you can share?
Be available. Answer the phone when possible and if you can’t, call them back immediately. People tell me all the time, I can’t believe I actually got in touch with someone. Prompt and professional customer service is so important.
3. What’s been the biggest change over on how you run your business in the past decade?
Social Media – you have to keep up with the latest technology and use it to your advantage to reach the largest number of people. However, some still want the old fashioned personal touch. You have to know your customer.
4. What business book do you like to recommend to your colleagues?
There’s No Such Thing as “Business” Ethics by John Maxwell. Actually anything by John Maxwell is wonderful.
5. What’s a fun fact that not everyone knows about you?
I was the top female shooter at my local citizen’s police academy.
*All Sperry Van Ness® offices are independently owned and operated.