Steven Martin, CCIM, CPM, managing director and owner of Sperry Van Ness / Martin Commercial Group was awarded the REALTOR® of the Year, the top industry award given by the Indiana Commercial Board of REALTORS® (ICBR). The award was presented at the ICBR’s annual conference on June 14, 2013 in Indianapolis. Nearly 350 commercial real estate professionals attended the conference, providing ongoing state education for brokers.
Steven received this award as recognition of his professional success, commitment to furthering the commercial real estate profession and dedication to community service. “Steven is a natural fit for the 2013 REALTOR® of the Year Award, based on his impressive resume alone,” said Janice Paine, 2013 ICBR president. “His dedication and vision has helped transform the commercial real estate industry in Indiana, and his influence has certainly been felt on our board, and the boards of many other professional and community organizations. I am comforted knowing that the future of our industry will be in his hands as the 2014 ICBR President.”
The REALTOR® of the Year award has been presented annually by ICBR since 1994. In addition to membership in ICBR, award criteria include:
- REALTOR® Spirit – high principles of integrity and adherence to the REALTOR® Code of Ethics
- Civic Activity – local, state, and national level participation
- Business Accomplishments – public recognition of business conduct and service to clients
- Local Association/Board Activity – service as a volunteer in committee work or other areas at the local level
- State Association Activity – offices held and committee work at state level
- National Association Activity – volunteer participation at the national level
As 36-year veteran of the commercial real estate market, Steven has come to be recognized as one of the top brokers in the state for his extensive experience in the sale of multifamily, retail and commercial properties in Indiana and Kentucky with transactions valued at more than $500 million.
*All Sperry Van Ness offices are independently owned and operated.