For the last Friday of 2012, we are giving SVN’s Five for Friday spotlight to Justin Verner, Advisor, Sperry Van Ness RealSite Commercial Group in Baltimore, MD.
1. What is your geographic market and product specialty?
I am active in the Baltimore Metro and specialize in multifamily.
2. What’s your latest best practice tip that you can share?
Unwavering focus and comprehensive knowledge in your area of specialty. Direct mail pieces to targeted owners have been particularly successful in 2012.
3. What’s been the biggest change over on how you run your business in the past decade? Having started my career in Jan 2009 amidst the economic downturn I learned quickly that working very hard and smart, embracing technology, quickly developing an area of focus, along with going the extra mile and being detail-oriented were the only ways I would be able to make it in this business. Continuing those practices in an improving CRE market have proved to be successful.
4. What business book do you like to recommend to your colleagues?
Brokers Who Dominate by Rod Santomassimo.
5. What’s a fun fact that not everyone knows about you?
I am a very active tennis player during the warmer months. Also, I have a passion for travel, particularly internationally.
*All Sperry Van Ness® offices are independently owned and operated.