This week, our 5 for Friday features Deborah Skeans, CCIM, MAI, Managing Director and Senior Advisor for SVN Imperial Realty in Allentown, PA. Debby’s industry specialties include distressed assets, industrial, land, development, medical offices, multifamily residences and property management.
1. What advice would you provide to an aspiring advisor who is new to the industry?
Be prepared to work hard. Concentrate on creating meaningful relationships and become an expert in a specialty or small geographic area. Get CCIM certified and work the SVN plan.
2. What does the SVN Difference mean to you?
A better and stronger culture. SVN is a national (and growing international) brand with the tools needed to serve our clients.
3. What learning tools would you recommend to your colleagues to further their knowledge and enhance their careers?
CCIM education and active involvement within the industry.
4. What inspired you to open or join an SVN franchise?
The desire to stay independent but have the benefit of a national brand.
5. What was your most memorable deal and why?
A $37 million land deal with a local hospital network, which followed an $11.8 million deal. The deal gave the network almost 509 acres of land to create one of the finest medical complexes in the Northeast and improve access to medical care in our communities.
Are you ready to experience the SVN Difference? Check out our Careers page here.