1. What is your geographic market and product specialty?
I cover most of Maryland’s eastern shore. I have experience in all product types with a specialty in dealing with people.
2. What’s your latest best practice tip that you can share?
Be visible in your community. This often means getting involved with non-profit organizations, your local chamber of commerce, and/or attending local charity events. Many of the folks you’ll meet and get to know are CRE stakeholders. We just won a large buyer rep assignment almost solely from being involved in the community.
3. What’s been the biggest change over on how you run your business in the past decade?
I just hit the decade mark in business and I would have to say the biggest change I’ve made in the last few years is to make more calls. Coming out of college I relied a lot on technology but nothing replaces actually talking to people.
4. What business book do you like to recommend to your colleagues?
Books I recommend are: Everyone Communicates, Few Connect by John Maxwell, Risk Only Money by Jack DeBoer, How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie, and Cold Calling Techniques (That Really Work!) by Stephan Schiffman.
5. What’s a fun fact that not everyone knows about you?
Here are two fun facts:
Growing up I never missed a day of school and I had 13 years of perfect attendance. And for the last two years, I’ve been an assistant coach for a high school varsity soccer team that won the Maryland State Championship last season.
*All Sperry Van Ness® offices are independently owned and operated.