This week, our 5 for Friday features Kurt Lord, Managing Director of SVN | Lord Partners based out of St. Louis, Missouri. A St. Louis native, Kurt directs investment sales activities for the brokerage.
1. What geographic market do you conduct the majority of your business in?
2. What does the SVN Difference mean to you?
The SVN Difference is the fair way to do business. It is a meaningful competitive advantage.
3. What learning tools (book, blog, website, etc.) would you recommend to your colleagues to further their knowledge and enhance their careers?
Relentless: From Good to Great to Unstoppable by Tim Grover and Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It by Christopher Voss and Tahl Raz. A best practice is to read the Commercial Real Estate Show.
4. What was you most memorable deal and why?
Helping a family sell their NNN restaurant property. We overcame constant obstacles. The family faced devastating financial penalties if we did not complete the deal. We got it done!
5. Share a fun fact about yourself – something that people may not know and that they may be surprised to find out.
I spent a decade as a plaintiff’s attorney representing many women in sexual harassment cases. It was challenging and meaningful.
Are you ready to experience the SVN Difference? Check out our career page here.