It’s #FlashbackFriday! This week, we are reflecting back on our 2014 feature of Ben Alder, Land Product Council Chair and Senior Advisor of SVN | Miller Commercial Real Estate based out of Salisbury, MD.
1. What is your geographic market and product specialty?
My product specialty is land. My market area is the Delmarva Peninsula – Maryland, Delaware, Virginia.
2. What is your latest best practice tip that you can share?
I recommend setting aside time for monthly business planning. It helps me stay focused on the big goals while working each day to make business happen. This is equivalent to working ON our business and not IN your business.
3. What has been the biggest change over on how you run your business in the past decade?
My biggest challenge was committing to focus on one product type which for me is land.
4. What business book do you like to recommend to your colleagues?
I highly recommend, “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change” by Stephen R. Covey.
5. What is a fun fact that not everyone knows about you?
Not a lot of people know that I am a wetland and waterfowl biologist by training.
Are you ready to experience the SVN Difference? Check out our career page here.