Commercial This week, our 5 for Friday features David Dunn, Managing Director of SVN | Dunn Commercial. Dunn specializes in corporate lease, distressed assets, industrial, institutional capital markets and single tenant investment, within the Dallas and Fort Worth metropolitan areas.
1. What advice would you provide to an aspiring advisor who is new to the industry?
I would highly advise all advisors to get the CCIM designation. SVN provides everyone with the opportunity and the tools needed to accomplish this.
2. What does the SVN Difference mean to you?
SVN focuses on the needs of clients, opposed to being focused on the brokers. Once client needs are met, then the brokers needs can be met.
3. What learning tools (book, blog, website, etc.) would you recommend to your colleagues to further their knowledge and enhance their careers?
The most important tool for me to be successful, that I would recommend to others include all CCIM course work, as well as analyst and PRO/CRETECH tools
4. What was your most memorable deal and why?
My most memorable deal was purchasing my first investment property without partners. It was a huge accomplishment and I enjoy being the landlord.
5. List a fun fact to share about yourself – something that people may not know and that they may be surprised to find out.
My main passions, and how i spend my time out of the office, are fly-fishing and up-land bird hunting.
Are you ready to experience the SVN Difference? Check out our Careers page here.