This week, our 5 for Friday features Gregory G. Ogin, CCIM, CPM, Managing Director of SVN | Clark Commercial Group based out of Kailua Kona, HI. Greg’s industry specialties include corporate real estate, golf and resorts, hospitality, restaurant, land and development, multifamily, office and industrial, among many others.
1. What advice would you provide to an aspiring advisor who is new to the industry?
Work hard, work early and get involved in government. Make sure you enjoy life.
2. What learning tools would you recommend to your colleagues to further their knowledge and enhance their careers?
Books recommended by the SVN | Elite training program are invaluable.
3. What inspired you to open or join an SVN franchise?
I wanted to provide better services to our clients, while also staying competitive. SVN provided me with the resources to do this.
4. What was your most memorable deal and why?
The Coconut Grove Marketplace sale of $21 million. I was fired twice from this property due to change of ownership, but I stayed involved. The new owners realized we knew the property and market better than any other national firm.
5. What does the SVN Difference mean to you?
It’s a wonderful support system, my mentors have been fantastic.
Are you ready to experience the SVN Difference? Check out our Careers page here.