This week, our 5 for Friday features Michael Thanasouras, Managing Director at SVN | Chicago Commercial working throughout the Chicago market area.
1. What advice would you provide to an aspiring advisor who is new to the industry?
Learn a market and a product type, try to walk through an area, and get on the phone!
2. What does the SVN Difference mean to you?
Doing the right thing for our clients by maximizing their property’s exposure within the market and getting them the best deal.
3. What learning tools would you recommend to your colleagues to further their knowledge and enhance their careers?
S4G is the best place to start. I also recommend Google Alerts, and register for local real estate news that gets pushed out to you daily!
4. What inspired you to open or join an SVN franchise?
I joined SVN in 2008 to help conduct more investment transactions. It took a couple years due to market conditions, but we knew the route would help us expand. Learning from our peers allows us to accelerate rapidly.
5. What was your most memorable deal and why?
A small commercial condo. The buyer was unrepresented at first, then ended up with a broker. We paid the co-op broker without question. I got the leasing and he offered me the property management, too.
Are you ready to experience the SVN Difference? Check out our Careers page here.