1. What is your geographic market and product specialty?
Raleigh-Durham and eastern North Carolina with specialization in income properties, primarily multi-family and single tenant net lease.
2. What’s your latest best practice tip that you can share?
It might sound old-fashioned, but hand-written notes. With so many forms of electronic communication bombarding us daily, these notes seem to stand out more with my clients and prospects. Also, especially during the holiday season, taking time to thank clients for their business with a personal visit and gift. This is also a great opportunity to listen and uncover other avenues to serve.
3. What’s been the biggest change over on how you run your business in the past decade?
Adapting to the market and synthesizing a much greater volume of information in order to give clients the best possible advice based on their specific circumstance.
4. What business book do you like to recommend to your colleagues?
I am an avid reader, so I don’t know that I could recommend just one! Certainly a good starting point would be the Jim Collins trilogy of Built to Last, Good to Great and How the Mighty Fall. I would also strongly recommend The True Measure of a Man by Richard E. Simmons, III.
5. What’s a fun fact that not everyone knows about you?
My two primary pastimes (after family) are sailboat racing and retriever training.
*All Sperry Van Ness® offices are independently owned and operated.